Thursday, April 3, 2008

Me the Viking

Florance , my mother-in-law, aka the Evil-One, aka Mother-Superior, took this picture of me while we visited Kringen, Sons of Norway Lodge in Fargo, North Dakota.
I feel that this is the image I most like about myself. The quintessential Viking rouge - ruthless, compassionate, self-mutilating, wife-loving, dedicated, stubborn, mystified and an incurable horn-d...(..romantic), holding my helmet in a steady and self-assured grip, sitting at the end of the table in my Norden Lodge.
It is a dream of course, but a good dream, quiet a vivid dream at times, and I am convinced had I lived (maybe I did..) during that time, I would without a doubt have sailed to distant shores, to plunder, have sex with women I did not know, drinking mjöd until I puked and past out, eventually returning to my seahorse and be gone the next morning....ahh, what a life it must have been and what a dream it is :-)

No comments: