Monday, March 24, 2008

Maple Syrup and the Olsen/Roller dinner


Easter Sunday..
This was my first chance to see how Maple Syrup is being produced. I attended a small family outing with the Andrews family from Erhard here in Ottertail County, and it was most educational and interesting.
The sap did not run very well yesterday, so the volume was not very impressive, but I did get chance to do some tasting, and that convinced me. I will use Maple Syrup now in my coffee, my breads I bake, my cakes, on my oatmeal in the mornings, and on my Swedish pancakes as well of course.
It was a well spent afternoon for sure. Thank you Marguerite and Bud !
The day was completed with a brilliant dinner at the Olson/Roller home. We had salmon, deer steaks and lots of good greens. Thank you Katy, Ron and Hazen (and Liza..yeah goood doggy)

Today I have been just busy getting my job searching machinery oiled up and moving forward. I am currently in talks with Great Plains Software and John Deer, both in Fargo. A few other smaller firms as well. The future will tell what will happen on that front !

No comments: